International law firm Withers has appointed eight new partners from its US and London offices from 1 January 2018.
The new partners are:
- James Dougherty, based in Greenwich, Connecticut, who advises on estate planning and administration, probate matters and litigation arising from trust and estate succession issues.
- Lian Fang, based in New York, advises on wealth planning matters, often working with multi-generational families to assist them with transferring their wealth to younger generations. Ms Fang frequently works with Asian clients, including advising on preparation for investing in or moving to the US.
- Eva Farkas-DiNardo, based in New York, advises clients on personal and business tax planning across their international interests, including pre-immigration planning for those moving to the US, as well as voluntary disclosure and audits in relation to tax.
- Theda Fisher, based in New York, provides corporate immigration advice to a wide range of US and foreign businesses, and personal immigration advice to successful people.
- Elliot Galler, based in New York, advises US domestic and multi-national businesses and high net worth individuals on the tax implications of investing in the US and abroad, as well as providing tax advice on M&A transactions.
- Stephen Nerland, based in London, advises US nationals based in the UK on their US tax and estate planning, as well as advising non-US individuals on tax planning ahead of moving to the US. Mr Nerland also advises on US tax compliance and disclosure programmes.
- Jaime McLemore, based in London, advises US nationals based in the UK on their US tax and estate planning and compliance, as well as advising both individuals and organisations on charitable giving. Ms McLemore was named an eprivateclient Top 35 under 35 in 2014.
- Vasiliki Yiannoulis, based in New York, advises individuals and corporate investors on commercial real estate projects, including advice on debt financing and other lending transactions.
Ivan Sacks, Withers' chairman, commented: "I am delighted that the skills and hard work of these lawyers have been rewarded with these appointments. These talented new partners will help us to continue enhancing the services we offer our clients and growing our business around the world."
Withers also appointed eight lawyers in Hong Kong, UK and the US to partner in July 2017.
|RATE THIS ARTICLE|
THIS WEEK'S TOP STORIES
PAM (Private Asset Managers) and its sister website PAMonline combine to provide "...the best guide available to the leading firms in private client fund management" (FINANCIAL TIMES). PAM compares managers on a level playing field by key data such as fees and charges, minimum investment thresholds and so on.